Safe Kids Wayne County in conjunction with Edw. J. Schwarz, Inc., will be hosting a program called “In and Around Cars”.
Saturday, June 14th
10:00 am-12:00 pm
at Edw. J. Schwarz, 145 Willow Avenue, Honesdale, PA (across from the Super Duper)
This Safe Kids event will include information pertaining to:
- Never Leave Your Child Alone in a Car;
- Trunk Entrapment;
- Spot the Tot; and
- Safety Belt Safe Test
All are welcome! Great information for everyone! Please spread the word!
All who join us will be eligible to win a brand new bicycle donated by the YMCA!!
September 27, 2014 from 12:00 to 4:00 PM
Updates for Buddy Walk 2014:
Please distribute the attached Save the Date card!
- Still in the process of getting the new online registration site up and running, thank you for your patience.
- Don’t wait too long to start forming your teams though, especially all of the school and University teams, it’s a great time with summer coming for team captains to start lining up team rosters, sponsorships, team fundraising ideas, etc..
- We will be out exhibiting our groups and advertising the Buddy Walk / Buddy Ride in a bunch of community events this summer, please come out and stop by to lend a hand, or simply say hello. We are also hoping to have the actual Harley Davidson Bike on hand for viewing at some of them!
The Celtic Festival at Shawnee Mountain- 5/24-5/25
The Pocono Raceway Festival (Stroudsburg)- 6/07
The Michael Allman Band/Bike Rally-(Sherman Theater)- 7/12
The Wurst Festival at Shawnee Mountain- 7/19-7/20
- Looking for people to help out in selling tickets for our first ever Harley Davidson Raffle – limited to 2000 tickets @ $10 each. Please contact us if you can help out with this. For those of you that might not have the time or means to lend a hand throughout the year, this would be a great way that you could help us out. Thank you in advance for your anticipated support. With everything else that is involved with pulling off an event of this magnitude, we could REALLY use some help with this. Raffle tickets might make the perfect father’s Day gift! (Hint, Hint…)
— Rob Kiesling, Buddy Walk Chair
On April 24th, we will be presenting with Parent Education Network. I will be presenting on “Understanding Your Child’s Educational Rights and IEP” and Crystal Welton, J.D., LL.M. will be presenting on “Special Needs Trusts: Planning for Children with Special Needs.” Following the presentations, we will have several attorneys there to meet with families to review their child’s IEP and answer any questions.
On April 27th, we will be presenting with Dr. Tiffany Griffiths and Associates. We will be presenting a complete overview of the evaluation/IEP process, including an overview of the educational rights of children. Following the presentation, Dr. Griffiths and I will be available to with families to review their child’s IEP and answer any questions.
I have attached two flyers with specific information regarding these Education Clinics. Please feel free to pass along the information, and please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much!
Heather M. Hulse, JD, MA, MS
McAndrews Law Offices, P.C.