The world has lost a great voice this week. In her own words, Dr. Maya Angelou says “Just Do Right”.
“Just Do Right” by Dr. Maya Angelou
This video from WSJ Live contains important information on bullying behaviors in young boys and girls, and how to handle the behaviors from both the bully and victim perspective.
Bullying Behaviors in Young Children
Literary Elements – A Summer Reading Program for Adults
June 3rd to August 22nd
Wayne County Public Library, 1406 Main St, Honesdale, PA
- Read 3 books for the summer relating to the theme. (Science & Science Fiction, or not.)
- Complete a written review of each book you read.
- Return the review by the end of the each month (June 30th, July 31st, and August 21st) and be entered into the drawing at the end of each month. You must submit a review by the deadline to be eligible for that month’s drawing.
If you are able, join us for the 3 programs we are presenting that relate to the theme: Literary Elements
- Forensic Science: June 24 at 5:30 PM
- Beer: July (Date to be Announced) at 5:30 PM
- Time Travel: August 20th at 5:30 PM
Book Discussion/Party: August 21st at 5:30 PM
Registration: Begins May 19, 2014. Contact Elizabeth at 570-253-1220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving Seniors is kicking off the “Season” with a great, family-oriented event on June 1st at Waldorf Park, Scranton.
Please see the attached flyer for details on what promises to be a fun AND worthwhile event!
The Behavioral Health Alliance of Rural Pennsylvania (BHARP) is pleased to announce an opportunity for an upcoming training that we are sponsoring on Understanding Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders.
The training will be held on Tuesday, June 24th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Ramada Conference Center in State College, PA. Space is limited for this event. Lunch will be provided.
There is no charge to attend, however registration is required. Registration is now open online by visiting our website at: www.bharp.org. Deadline to register is June 16th. Attached is additional information.
The Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers’ Association (PMHCA) is a statewide member organization providing information, referrals and supports to people who are receiving services or in recovery from a mental illness in Pennsylvania.
For more information, please contact:
4105 Derry Street
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17111
September 27, 2014 from 12:00 to 4:00 PM
Updates for Buddy Walk 2014:
Please distribute the attached Save the Date card!
- Still in the process of getting the new online registration site up and running, thank you for your patience.
- Don’t wait too long to start forming your teams though, especially all of the school and University teams, it’s a great time with summer coming for team captains to start lining up team rosters, sponsorships, team fundraising ideas, etc..
- We will be out exhibiting our groups and advertising the Buddy Walk / Buddy Ride in a bunch of community events this summer, please come out and stop by to lend a hand, or simply say hello. We are also hoping to have the actual Harley Davidson Bike on hand for viewing at some of them!
The Celtic Festival at Shawnee Mountain- 5/24-5/25
The Pocono Raceway Festival (Stroudsburg)- 6/07
The Michael Allman Band/Bike Rally-(Sherman Theater)- 7/12
The Wurst Festival at Shawnee Mountain- 7/19-7/20
- Looking for people to help out in selling tickets for our first ever Harley Davidson Raffle – limited to 2000 tickets @ $10 each. Please contact us if you can help out with this. For those of you that might not have the time or means to lend a hand throughout the year, this would be a great way that you could help us out. Thank you in advance for your anticipated support. With everything else that is involved with pulling off an event of this magnitude, we could REALLY use some help with this. Raffle tickets might make the perfect father’s Day gift! (Hint, Hint…)
— Rob Kiesling, Buddy Walk Chair
Annual Northeast Region Community Support Program Retreat will be held on June 17, 2014 at Kirby House in Mountaintop.
The invitation and directions are attached. Please RSVP by June 3, 2014.
Directions to Kirby House: